Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ash's Azeri Countdown....

Before I begin, if any of Magda’s family or friends read this, please email me at euroash@gmail.com. We have a favor to ask regarding Magda’s birthday present we have in mind. And just like Cassey Casem says, now back to the countdown…

200,000,000-the number of $$$ the Yankees spent losing in the 1st round of the playoffs
101-the number of weeks we have left in Azerbaijan
30-the approximate number of men tom and I saw carrying a casket and chanting as they walked down the main road last Sunday morning
24-the number of points tom’s little brother beat me by in his first eve Yahtzee game with us helping him decide which dice to play (tom got beat by 30 something)
10-the number of hours per week I get tutored by Farana-my cute teacher-ha ha ha
9-the number of bees that swarmed tom and I as we ate lunch outside Thrusday
8-the number of US dollars 1.5 kilos of Holland cheese costs-tom and I make chicken quesadillas (tom and I each ate a huge quesadilla and his family of 4 ate a combined 1.5), chips and salsa for his family last Sunday-they thought they were only ok, we thought they were fabulous-on a personal note, frying tortillas to make chips is fun but takes a long time to make a decent amount of chips
7-the number of inches my hair is in the longest spots, can’t wait to see it in March
6-the number of gallons of Gatorade powder I got in the mail this week!!!
5-the number of times I heard the James Blunt song “You’re Beautiful” this week-the girls in tom’s office play it as my theme music when I stop by their office
4-the number of times I ate the same meal in a row on Tuesday/Wednesday-dinner, breakfast, lunch, and dinner-a new pattern by Nene: cook a ton, then serve it to us each consecutive meal till its gone-bone in fish for breakfast is miserabe FYI
3-the number of days during the work week it rained cats and dogs this week
2-the number of games in a row OU has lost to UT-glad I wasn’t there for them sadly…
1-the number of windows I ran into walking down the street texting on my phone-the stupid thing was head level and opened way out on the sidewalk and I nailed it-thanks to tom for not warning me and laughing his butt off at me
1/2-the number of dandruff shampoo bottles rachel’s host father drank because directions were in English and he didn’t realize it went on your head
0-the number of times ben hit the ball in fair play during our wiffleball game in baku-let it be known ben claimed to be good at high school basesball

For your viewing pleasure are the following pictures: Bilbo Baggins’ Hobbit House on the river by my house and pictures from when tom and I cooked at his house last week…

1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! - whatever dude, you ran into a window

 

Post a Comment

<< Home