Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Thursday, December 28, 2006

2 second update

Please read the big blog after this quick one with lots of pics and info, I just had to post a really quick update with 2 big occurrences this week….

1st-Nene walks in on Tuesday night laughing her butt off. It is quite common in our house for one of us to be cracking up, but it is usually because of the other person and I hadn’t seen her in an hour or so, therefore I was confused. I asked her what was up (they actually have a phrase for that here thankfully) and she tells me to go look at our ‘hamam”-aka the shower. I sheepishly said ok and went out and here is what I saw…

Last week she put in an oil/lighter fluid furnace to heat up the room before one of us goes in there (SEPERATELY) and I had only used it once a week ago. Well something went wrong with the vent tube or something and every square centimeter is covered in oily suit and it is disgusting! Needless to say it is freezing cold outside and she hasn’t gotten anyone to come clean it yet-I’m not touching the place. I guess I’m going to have to reserve 10 minutes at Tom’s house this week if I want to hose off before going to Georgia…it has only been 5 days so far since my last shower so I may pass….

2nd-last night I was chopping some wood around 9ish and it started to snow a tiny bit. Well I woke up this morning to…..





SNOW BABY SNOW!!! Lenkeran gets the smallest amount of snow in the whole country, so I was really excited. I hope it is dumping up north in Georgia (northern AZ got 8 inches yesterday-obviously nothing like Colorado is getting right now).

That’s it-short, yet important stuff. Like I said, deluxe blog below if you haven’t read about Baku and Christmas yet…

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Ash! How many people can say they spent their new year in Azerbaijan? Rock on- it's awesome. OHHH one more thing, I saw your new hairstyle and Billy Ray Cyrus (sp) called, he wants it back. -Darci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home