Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kids say the craziest things…

This week’s blog will focus on the letters that Tom and I received last week from his friend Jackie’s 5th grade class. This was our second batch of letters from out new pen pals in Chicago. Apparently they thought our first set of responses was funny enough to write back to us, so we were both glad. Our rules in writing back is that we answer every question asked, draw a picture for every picture drawn, and we also write back the exact amount written to us in the exact same format. The more the kid gives us, the more we give the kid…it’s called tough love. I am not including any names with the quotes (all of these quotes were said directly to me or me and Tom together), but remember, these are 5th graders….

You sound crazy, no offense.

Eggplant sounds nasty, I mean the name is horrible. If you are going to invent a food, I’d call it something good.

So which one of you ate the goat heart? That’s disgusting.

Are you a murderer? Are you planning to kill us? I hope not.

If you were on fire and there was a hose across the street but a truck was coming would you be: A-hit by a truck and die or B-Burn to death

If you were in a house and it was falling down and trees were falling down a hill at you would you: A-be crashed under a house or B-be killed by trees

(The last three about me being a killer or getting killed were all from the same girl.)

I’m writing a book about these radio active sea creatures that attack Earth.

I really like the Legos I got because they rock! (the exact same thing I say every year at Christmas)

I wouldn’t like going to the bathroom in an outhouse, but I guess it really doesn’t matter.

Ashley, my name is far better than yours and Tom’s. I’m not saying your names are bad, they just aren’t as good as mine.

Over break I bruised my brother’s ear! I wouldn’t have, but who know an ear could bruise!

Ha ha you don’t have any pets. I have 1 hamster named Hollywood, 1 lizard named Pete, 1 fish named Angel Eyes and 1 frog named Aristotle.

No duh, Sponge Bob is superior to Garfield and Odie muhahahaha

Yes SMACK DOWN RULES!

And my favorite….

I don’t have much to say but I think I can cough something up.


Some of the pictures included were of radio active sea monsters, a Bears player kicking broccoli, ponies, and penguins. We also each have 2 games of international tic-tac-toe going. Needless to say, this is by far the most fun thing I’ve done in the PC!

In other news, there is not much to report. Our sunny weather took off and it has been overcast and cooler the last week or so. Tom and I had a meeting in Baku on Monday morning, so we went to Baku Sunday and got to watch the Super Bowl live on a huge TV at an ex-pat’s house! Man it was fun to watch live American sports while eating queso (thank you Tom’s Aunt and Uncle!), even if it started at 3:30am and I stayed up all night. Tom wasn’t too happy with the outcome of the game being the psycho Bears fan that he is. We had an ESPN feed so we had Sterling Sharpe as our commentator and he was HORRIBLE! He was driving us insane. We also didn’t get any of the commercials from America, so that kinda sucked, but hey, I’ll take anything I can get these days. It is hard to be picky when you don’t get much…

3 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could probably write a book with the halirious and crazy things my 2 and 3 year old students say every day! So fun!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does it say when 5th graders can tell you are crazy? Hmmm.. Good job Ash! -Darci

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kids sound so funny---what I have to look forward too!
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home