Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Week 3

Hello All! Just a quick update. We are all meeting today for a group training and I just got my second round of vaccinations (rabies today!). Things are still going very well. The language lessons are getting a lot more intense/difficult, so that's good and frustrating at the same time. I've played soccer with local kids 2 of the last 3 days and my legs are about to fall off. Sadly Team Azerbaijan has beaten Team USA both times, but we are getting better. Two of my friends and myself took a bus the wrong way yesterday and a 20 minute ride turned into a 2 hour ride (with one of my girlfriends having to hold a lady's baby for 30 minutes), so that was a fun little adventure. I had chicken liver for dinner lastnight and am not a fan. So far everything has been good to eat minus the livers and lungs. It's freakin hot here (90's), but what is really bad is at night with little breeze and no air conditioner. Needless to say my hygene isn't the same as it was in the US (although some would say it was never that great). I hope all is well back in the US. I should have more pics next time around.

ash

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have never been that great with directions!!
I wouldn't eat that stuff, either!
Miss and love you......mom

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUCK, liver... maybe you should just stick to rehabilitating your own liver instead??? Just a thought! Glad to hear you are doing good! -Darci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home