Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Egypt Short Blogs

We made it back from Egypt all safe and sound. It was an amazing trip! My sister is hanging out in Lenkeran for a couple of days, so we will be on tour mode and then I will go into major recovery mode for the weekend. This week I’m going to put a short Top Ten style blog and will write a massive Egypt blog to post next week. Pictures will come slowly and in spurts.

Sites Visited

Giza Pyramids

Egyptian Museum

Cairo Bazar

Mt. Siani

Sharm el-Shaik/Red Sea beach

Luxor Temple

Luxor Museum

Valley of the Kings

Valley of the Queens

Colossi of Memnon

Karnak Temple

Coolest Things

Real Mummies

Mt. Siani sunrise

Giza Pyramids while playing golf

McDonald’s Delivery

The most famous belly dancer in Cairo shook her boobs at me and winked

High 80’s weather almost the entire time even though it was summer

Luxor Temple

The crazy things locals said in English to us. The best one was a man offered me 2,000,000 camels for Rachel. I accepted but he didn’t pay up so we moved on.

The Burning Bush

Massive statues at the Colossi of Memnon


Transportation Used

Car

Plane

Huge Turbo Ferry

Small Nile Boat

Bus

Night train

Horse buggy

Tram

and my favorite…

Camels

Foods Consumed

Chili’s-oh man, chili cheese fries, bacon cheddar bbq burger, cajun chicken sandwich

McDonald’s Quarter Pounder Meal 3 times-they offer double meat on all burgers which I obviously accepted

McDonald’s McArabia Chicken and Beef-two patties, lettuce, tomato, in a pita with gyro type sauce

KFC 1 time-we all got a huge bucket of chicken for our road trip to Mt. Siani

Pizza Hut-Pepperoni pizza, meat crazy pizza, cheesy garlic bread

Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken

Johnny Carrino’s-we got one of every appetizer and went nutz topped off with milk shakes

Mexican at some decent place in Instanbul

Mountain Dew-I downed 4-5 cans over the trip and loved every last drop

Twinky-one place had twinkies in a fridge-that was so good in 105 degree heat

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I'm so jealous!
Kelli

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

broseph-long time since we talked-this is awesome man-would love to hear from you when you get a chance. shoot me an email. chriscullins@hotmail.com

Latah!

Ern

 

Post a Comment

<< Home