Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 Pipes, My Well Motor Casing and a Faucet

That’s all I’ve found so far that has cracked or broken completely from the 18 consecutive days of my house being a popsicle. The temps have warmed up and most of the snow and ice have melted away, but now everyone in town has busted stuff and the “workers” aren’t the speediest or most reliable folks to take on the challenge of fixing the town. I’m hoping that if temps stay above freezing I may have running water by next Wednesday-but that’s just blind hoping on my part.

Thankfully I had to go to Baku for some meetings and took about 6 showers in 3 days-it was GLORIOUS! Now I’m back on the no shower kick again. That’s really all I have to report this week. I got back from Baku and slept 24 out of my first 48 hours for some reason-I didn’t do much of anything in Baku, so not sure where this sudden coma came from. I should find out in a week about my trainings grant and my meeting with the organization in Baku regarding the medical supplies project went way better than expected. I now have hope that it may actually happen. I’ll be hanging out low key in Lankaran for the next few weeks, which is just fine with me. Jenny and I are planning “PC Prom” for Valentines Day weekend in Baku, so that should be fun. High Society is the theme, which should provide for some interesting outfits seeing as how we don’t shower and wear the same clothes for weeks at a time here. Have a great week everyone! Since nothing has been going on, I don’t have any pictures. So I just decided to steal some of my friend Bethany’s pics of mosques she took in Istanbul for your viewing pleasure…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home