Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Winter Is Coming-Save Yourself!!!

I woke up today and it was 46 degrees in my room-WINTER RULZ!!! In America I never thought 46 was that cold, but man, it sure is cold here for some reason. I wore a freaking stocking cap around today…I can’t explain it. I gave in and went to long underwear under the pants last Thursday which was a bad realization. Thankfully I live as far south as possible so it is warmer here than most places (I have friends that have been in long undies mode for a month already). I don’t have a wood burning mini-fireplace in my room this year-just an electric heater, sleeping bag and a ton of blankets. I have placed my bed (a folded out recliner type chair), couch, coffee table, and voltage regulator for computer and phone charging all in the corner of a room so that I don’t have to get up much and the heater can keep all of the “important” parts of my house as warm as possible.

Let’s see, not much to talk about this week so I won’t waste your time. Tom and I just got home from going to a tea house and playing a board game similar to backgammon. I also hit the bazaar today and loaded up on 2 kilos of pasta, 1 kilo of rice, spices, 10 eggs, 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, 5 garlic, a jar of tomato paste, 2 kilos of potatoes and 1 kilo of onions for about 9 bucks I think. I’m having a very low key week of reading and Russian studying after a long holiday weekend of movie watching. I finished season 3 of Lost-such a frustrating show I almost wanted to punch my computer. They need to end it soon, for all of our sakes. We have grants that you can get from the PC locally for about $3,000 so I’m trying to figure out a good project to use at least one of those on in the spring. We are also trying to plan another boy’s camp similar to the one in August, but in Georgia with the Georgian PCVs and their kids. We want to do a yearly rotational camp between the two countries.

That’s about it on my end. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I will be up early in the morning Sunday to hit refresh every 10 seconds during the Big 12 Championship Game…BOOMER SOONER KIDS….

Pics are left over from Thanksgiving in Baku-me, ben and ram, me and tom kissing pumpkin pie off of bethany, tom and charlie and then me with our makeup still on after the show….

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this "cold" and "winter" you are speaking of??? It is going to be 80 degrees here tomorrow! I miss wearing my coat but I do enjoy wearing flip flops in winter! =)

Be safe and warm!

-Darci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home