Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bloggin Just To Blog

Not a whole lot to report this week, but figured I would still give you guys a quick update. The pictures are of the new Lank Gang-Jane-pink shirt and Joyce-white shirt hanging out at Tom’s pace and in the back of a mini bus going to Baku. The other one is me Ina and Vy in Baku Friday night.

Life in Lankaran is good. The weather is starting to cool off. Our favorite little café opened back up again since school just started-we get mashed potatoes inside a folded over tortilla (like a quesadilla), fried then you put on some spice and a bunch of yogurt-DELICIOUS and it only costs 50 cents to get you full. All of the schools started up last week so there are tons of kids out and about everywhere. My boss has me and another guy working on a series of trainings throughout our region. We are writing the project plan now, but my confidence level that this will actually get funded and happen is pretty low. Hopefully we can pull it off somehow. My boss should start his month long vacation soon which oddly enough will be the exact time I’m coming to the US-nice timing! We went to Baku last weekend to meet/hang out with our friends and all of the new PCVs. We had a blast! The new group is really fun. It was weird playing the Baku tourguide instead of always having someone else show us where we are going. I took my camera to take a bunch of pictures and left it in Tom’s backpack all weekend so nothing good to share sadly. I’m getting more and more excited to watch the OU/TX game with each passing week OU keeps killing people. Man I hope they can keep that up while I’m home. This is the last week of fantasy baseball-Tom’s in 1st and I’m in 3rd. We are hoping to be the top 2 to continue our dominance from AZ! People are starting to get things lined up for Halloween and Thanksgiving parties over here, so those will both be something fun to look forward to in the coming months. We are going to try to take a big group of boys and girls to see the local professional soccer team play at the end of October. Girls never go so we are going to have some of our female PCV friends come down to go with us to make the local, younger girls feel less self conscious about going-they are all very excited. My bridge project keeps dragging along. I’m hoping to have a meeting about it before I leave next week. That’s about all I’ve got. My Russian lessons have been slowed up due to me being gone and school starting, so I need to get those back on track ASAP. Have a great week everyone! I’ll see some of you guys in about 10 days or so...

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home