Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Monday, August 27, 2007

Here’s Lyka!

Last week was a fairly low key week. The only real excitement was when our two new site mates, Jane and Joyce, came down to Lankaran for their first visit. We prepared a huge Mexican feast with chicken quesadillas, queso and margaritas! We all ate way too much, but enjoyed every freaking bite. Jane will be teaching English at School #10 and Joyce is a Youth Development Volunteer. It will certainly be fun to have a couple of new Americans to hang out with. Tom, Tim and I all gave presentations on volunteerism, time management and how to give a good presentation to about 20 high school and college kids Friday morning, so that was fun. This week I will be in full preparation mode for our boys leadership camp. It starts on September 3rd, so everything needs to get all taken care of this week. We will have about 36 high school guys, plus some return guys from last year as councilors, azeri counterparts and several guest speakers all joining us for the week. I’m getting excited-it should be a really fun time.

Since I don’t have too much to talk about I figured I would just give you some pictures of Lyka. We are getting along a lot better now, so she is becoming less of a pain in my butt. She stays outside pretty much all day, when we walk she always go straight for the shaded areas to walk in, she LOVES bread, and has waaaay too much energy….

Oh yea, there is also a new picture from Budapest that Rikki George sent me-it sums up out time there pretty well I think. The two really blond people are our irish friends we hung out with a ton.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://atyjyneryt.lookseekpages.com/ajinasa.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home