Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I miss the old AC


Well, it hasn't taken me long to realize what I'm really missing so far on my journey: air conditioning and ice cubes/really cold drinks. It only gets into the mid 90's during the day and stays in the 80's at night, but with no AC, we are constantly covered in sweat. Couple that with the fact that the hot water boiler is mounted on the wall in the bathroom, taking a cold shower still results in tremendous amounts of sweat. A group of us went to visit a current volunteer at his house and blow off some steam over the weekend, so it was fun to see the kids and visit another city. This weekend we all go on a 3 day trip to visit a current volunteer and see another part of the country. I'm really excited just for the sake of travel and experience. Here's a pic of my shower and my brother, nephew and myself at the local lake over the weekend. Oh, I want to give a warm welcome to William Bernard Campbell (Will) who joined the world last night at a whopping 9 lb, 6oz. Good stuff....

ash

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good friend once commented that AC was man's greatest invention. Hard to argue against that reasoning isn't it?

Cheers,

Brad K

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowsers! All I can say is "what an experience", hey? Sounds like you are having a blast though.
Take Care!
Kelli

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are fitting right in Ashley! Glad to read about your fun experiences! Hope all is well.

Don't worry, it has been over 100 in Dallas for almost 2 weeks and I do have AC and still sweat to death!

Tiffany

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang that hair's gettin long. very cute.
i'm surprised you haven't shaved it with all the heat!

take care, keep us posted :)
-Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home