Ash's Azer Adventure

Hello everyone! The following is my blog about my 27 month trip to Azerbaijan working with the Peace Corps. I am a part of the 4th group sent to Azerbaijan and am in the Community Economic Development (CED) Program working with local companies to help them operate better in the world. Hopefully I’ll have some fun stories and cool pictures from traveling around Asia Minor and Eastern Europe. This blog is in no way related to the Peace Corps or their opinions. I hope you all enjoy…

Monday, April 21, 2008

Worst Blogger Ever

Sorry for my total lack of blogging lately, life has been really hectic. Here's a catch-up blog...I promise to be better from now on...
Tom's parents came to Azerbaijan again, so we took them on a country tour this time including Baku, Sheki, and Ganja. They had a good time, but I think they officially have had their fill after two visits and two weeks of time here. They took us out to great meals (I haven't eaten that much in a week since before I came here) and we tried to let them sample all of the regional dishes.
After that I basically slept and watched movies for three straight days to recover from all of the traveling.
Last week I had three really good phone conversations with organizations in America and Baku about my medical supplies project. I think I've found an organization to manage the supplies, so if we can find a company to donate a little bit of money to pay for the distribution costs, we may be able to finally do it.
We haven't found a camp site or set a date for the boys camp yet, so we are going to all have to start focusing on that sooner rather than later.
I went to a wedding of a really good friend Friday night with Tom, Tim, a local German guy, Shrilankan guy, and another American lady that teaches English at the local university. We had a 'table of honor', ate a metric ton, and danced for about three straight hours. It was a freaking blast and sadly may be my last wedding in AZ (but hopefully someone else will invite me to one this summer).
I went up to Ganja to celebrate Ben's birthday over the weekend and am now in Bethany's village. I went to four of her English classes this morning which was tons of fun. All of the kids wrote questions to ask me last week so there were prepared for the first American guy they've ever met. We are going to teach them how to play wiffle ball this afternoon.
I'll head back to Lankaran tomorrow I think and then the Lank gang is playing kickball at the local orphanage on Saturday, so that should be a lot of fun.
Ok, that should pretty much catch you all up I think. The weather has been gorgeous, but people in Lankaran are freaking out because we haven't had any rain (it rained 25 out of 30 days in April last year and it has only sprinkled twice so far). Talk to you guys next week...I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home